This is an interesting article I found on: www.goodtherapy.org
See credits below.
INFOGRAPHIC TEXT: CAN MARIJUANA USE DURING PREGNANCY HARM A BABY?
In the U.S., 4% of pregnant couples therapy near me report using cannabis in the last month.
Research shows a child exposed to THC in the womb or through breast milk is more likely to:
- Show more irritability and trembling as an infant.
- Have decreased motor development at 12 months.
- Show gaps in problem-solving and memory at school.
- Develop hyperactivity and inattention symptoms.
Couples therapy near me
However, it’s difficult to say whether THC exposure causes these issues or if it occurs alongside other contributing factors such as parental alcohol use couples therapy near me.
In some states, women who expose their children to marijuana in utero may be required to get substance abuse treatment.
- Can marijuana use during and after pregnancy harm the baby? (2018). National Institute of Health. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2H0O8bl
- Is it safe to use marijuana during pregnancy? (2017). Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2S0ydTb
- Some pregnant women don’t believe cannabis is harmful to their fetus. (2019, January 21). ScienceDaily. Retrieved from https://bit.ly/2R6DNPp
© Copyright 2019 GoodTherapy.org. All rights reserved.
The preceding article was solely written by the author named above. Any views and opinions expressed are not necessarily shared by GoodTherapy.org. Questions or concerns about the preceding article can be directed to the author or posted as a comment below.
Hope you enjoyed reading this article.
Please feel free to share!